About Geotextile sheet and bags
About Geotextile sheet and bags. Civil Engineering: The New Revolution Geotextile This geotextile is being extensively used in various large civil engineering projects. This geotextile is used in roads, dams, river erosion, mass foundations, landslides, drainage, river canals, and coastal works. So today I will explain the details about geotextile.
Geo Textile: About Geotextile sheet and bags
Geotextile products are mainly made of polyester, polypropylene, and polyamide. Geotech is most commonly used in civil and construction work. It changes the properties of the soil and makes it suitable for the construction of buildings in weak and inefficient places. This geotextile is widely used in modern civil and construction engineering.
What is geotextile?
Geo bags: Geotextile ‘is a type of technical textile (much like a sack of rice), which is used on the surface of the soil or in the interior to get the benefit of civil engineering. Geotextile is a type of polymer fabric that is used in a variety of installations, such as roads, drains, housing, and dams. It is also used in many other works of architectural engineering.
Advantages of Geo Textile:
- Fabrics made from geotextiles are lighter than oven fabrics. As a result, it is easier to handle and has special advantages for transportation.
- Geotextile adds an important dimension to fabrics made with weft inserts. Geotextile increases the cracking strength of this type of fabric.
- The use of geotextile fabric between these two layers of pitch and a piece of brick to build the road protects the road from corrosion in rainwater.
- Geotextiles are widely used as separators between the two layers of soil.
- The benefits of geotextile as a moisture barrier are incomparable.
- Geo-textiles play a role in drainage and are used in playgrounds.
It tends to be of two types: Geo bags
- PP: Polypropylene staple fiber. 10 to 50 years can be used.
- PSF: polyester staple fiber Sheet. Roll. Bag. Tube. 5 to 10 years can be used.
Geo Textiles sets prices based on GSM. Below is a list of GSM
Geo textile bags can be used for planting trees
About Geotextile sheet and bags: Geotextiles are sold as sheets. Each rule has a length of 100 meters and a width of 3–4.5 meters. Geotextile bags are sold as backpacks. The bags come in different sizes. The bags are measured in meters, feet, and kg.